Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Glimpse of a Nightmare

Mommmmmyyyyyyy!
Mommmmmyyyyyy!

It sounds like its coming from a tunnel, but know its much closer.  The fog of sleep fades and realization creeps in....it's happened again....ANOTHER NIGHTMARE.  Rip the covers off, run up the stairs.

The Sea Witch, Mommy!  She has Ursula and Sleeping Beauty!  She is going to get me, too! Help me, Mommy! Help me!

Wipe her sweet, sweaty face. Rub her back and kiss her cheek.

Mommy! Mommy! You can't go! I can't sleep here, its too scary!

Gather pink (blanket), baby and Uniqua (Backyardigan).  Hold hands and head back down the stairs.

Daddy, I need you and Mommy to keep me safe. 

Climb in bed and cover up.  Snuggle close and whisper goodnight.

Mommy, hold my hand.  I need you to hold my hand! 

Hold hands against the Sea Witch.  Drift off to sleep hand in hand.

Listen to a quiet whisper,

Thank you, Mommy.  I love you more.....






No comments:

Post a Comment