Saturday, April 2, 2011

Poo Poo Platter

Let's set the stage for this story...

D and I are playing in her kitchen.  She is wearing a purple apron, t-shirt and pull-up (no, I didn't forget to type pants- she hates them and rarely has them on at home) and holding her now ever-present purse in one hand.   I am wearing my normal Mom clothes, including pants, and a pink apron and pink chef hat.  Keep in mind that the chef hat and apron are D's, so the apron is more like a bib and the chef's hat is cutting off blood flow to my brain as it is about 3 sizes too small and was somehow squeezed on my head.  Now that you have that visual, let's move on...

As I said, we are playing the kitchen. Suddenly D exclaims "I am POOPING!" and runs for the bathroom.  She is about 5 steps ahead of me as I trip over everything on the floor in the disaster area better known as her bedroom (in our defense we have been playing all morning) .  What do I hear as I am turning the corner into the bathroom? "OH NO!" What do I see?  Well, I  will leave out the gross details but I am sure you can imagine what it looks like when  a 2 yr. old has taken off her dirty pull-up and is trying to climb up a stool on to the potty in an apron carrying a purse.   No surface was left untouched by the pull-ups contents.  However, we were lucky enough to have the dog who tried to pull clean duty until I kicked her out of the bathroom.  I on the other hand was lucky enough to clean up the mess while wearing my smashing 2 yr. old sized pink chef combo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment