Saturday, January 29, 2011

Big girls do cry...

I am not embarrassed to admit I am a crier.  Birth, death, marriage, life in general makes me cry.  It just makes me feel better.  However, nothing prepared me for the many reasons I would cry as a parent.  Here's a short list: adoration, frustration, defeat, humiliation, embarrassment, love, fear, anger, happiness. I could list hundreds more, but there is breakfast to be made.  

 I think  I experienced at least five of these yesterday, particularly defeat.   Luckily today is a new day and I already cried this morning.  Why?  Because monkey asked me to paint her fingernails pink and when I was done she said "Thank you, Mommy! I love them the most".  Maybe I should add lunacy to the list?

1 comment:

  1. Oh god Erin- at least she is your daughter..you get a free pass to cry! One time Kaitlyn said to Jim "Do you know what love is? Love is like how much I love my Mommy" and I started crying like a freak...she isn't even mine!! haha

    ReplyDelete