Monday, August 1, 2011

Giving Eleanor, Rosa and Eva a run for their money

Okay, name me some headstrong women in history....Susan B. Anthony, Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, Eleanor Roosevelt,  Rosa Parks, Eva Peron...  Guess what ladies? You have nothing on my monkey.  I promise you she can run circles around your willful ways.  Here are some examples:

1. Me: "Delaney, you have to wear your shoes to walk on the sand at the beach because its hot."
Delaney: "It's not hot!" as she kicks off her shoes and walks towards the dunes with no shoes on.
5 steps later she turns around and says "Mommy, get your shoes on because this sand is really hot!" and puts her shoes on.

2.  On a playdate today Delaney announces she is going upstairs to get chips. I tell her that her friend will have to go home if she goes upstairs as we are playing downstairs.  She walks over to the corner of the room for a minute to think.  A few minutes later she comes back and says to me like I am incredibly silly "Mommy,  we don't need chips we have our imaginations!".

3.  After 15 minutes of begging, pleading and bribery I decided it wasn't that important for Delaney to wear clothing.  It just wasn't worth the struggle.  When I give up she looks at me and says "Mommy, you gotta get me dressed I can't just be naked in here!".

4.  Delaney recently made a decision to stop saying the "y" or "ie" sound at the end of all words.
To name a few: Mommy= Mom

Daddy= Dad
Mimi= Mim (pronounced "meem")
potty= pot
Chloe - Chlo (rhymes with glow)
 When I correct her (i.e. "It's potteee"), she says "Yeah, Mom! Pot." Fine, I give up!

The official definition of headstrong is:  determined to have one's own way; willful; stubborn; obstinate.  While it may be a trait in my 2 1/2 yr. old which makes me crazy, at times,  I guarantee no one is going to get one over on her later in life and that makes me proud :) 

Teacher friends, can't you just see her report card comments now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment