A brief summary of the lessons learned on our 10 day vacation...
1. Public restrooms should be renamed "Please Touch Museum" for newly potty trained two year olds.
2. My monkey is easier to potty train than my dog. 6 years later and my dog still pees in the house, yet Delaney is more than willing to pee outside after having to once (there was nowhere else to go!!). Case in point- she eagerly pulled down her pants and peed in our backyard while playing outside today.
3. Sleeping in a strange place leads to bedtime temper tantrums for children and sleeping on the floor for parents.
4. The sound of someone chewing on sand is worse than nails on a chalkboard.
5. The songs in Disney movies are no longer cute when you cannot escape the confines of the car in which they are being played.
6. It is possible for a human to become a pack mule in order to minimize the number of trips from car to beach.
7. Children under the age of 10 should only ever be taken to restaurants with characters... thanks Mako Mike's!
8. Bribery is not all wrong. Particularly if you want to eat, sleep and/or maintain sanity.